Jewelry Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sorrento Jewelry Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. Open to residents of the United States and the District of Colombia, excluding Rhode Island.
- Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 15, 2020 and continues through 11:59 p.m. ET on January 30, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). A total of 4 winners will be randomly selected on February 1, 2021 following the contest close and selected for entries received during the above dates.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, independent contractors, agents, officers and directors of Massa Imports BV. (“Sponsor”), each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, access the page on https://massaimportsbv.com/jewelry-contest/ enter a valid email address along with your first name and last name.
Your submitted email address, contact details, and any information, materials, or other content contained therein, shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
Limit one (1) Submission per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate Submissions or more than one Submission by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of MassaImportsBV.com apply. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If you enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges
demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
- Entry Requirements. By entering the Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that (a) your Submission does not contain any materials or elements that violate the rights of any third parties; and (b) that your Submission will not violate any law, rule, or regulation or be disparaging or otherwise inappropriate, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an entry, you agree that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your entry fails to conform to the foregoing or these Official Rules.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
Providing a Submission constitutes your consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes. You agree that the Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by any third party, and you agree that the Released Parties do not guarantee the re-posting of any entry.
- Random Drawing/Odds. Four (4) winners will be randomly selected weekly during the duration of the contest and in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the contest period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the entrant that has been selected with the winning entry, as determined by Sponsor, will be deemed the potential prize winner.
Four (4) Grand Prizes will be offered. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) Siren’s Ring or Italian Leather Bracelet. The Grand Prize winners must supply a valid US shipping address within the continental US, AK or HI that is accessible to common delivery couriers including but not limited to the US Postal Service (USPS), FedEx, UPS.
Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize is awarded
“as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. The winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prize, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. The approximate retail value of the prize is $39.99 USD. Where applicable, taxes may be withheld by Sponsor and Sponsor shall have no obligation to adjust the prize or otherwise compensate the winner for any taxes withheld. The winner agrees to furnish Sponsor with and/or execute any additional document requested by Sponsor in connection with the awarding of the prize. Limit one prize per person or household. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner of this Sweepstakes shall not be prevented or prohibited from entering or winning any other sweepstakes or promotion sponsored by Sponsor.
- Notification. Potential winner will be notified by approximately 1 day after the contest drawing and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within three (3) calendar days of receipt.
Potential winner will be notified via email message from Sponsor. Potential winner(s) will be required to respond to Sponsor as directed within seventy-two (72) hours of notification in order to claim the prize.
If any potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of first notification attempt, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any potential winner does not sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within three (3) calendar days of receipt, or if any potential winner rejects his/her prize, or if any winner and guest does not or cannot attend the event, or in the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner, or in the event of ineligibility or noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (time-permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT, OPERATION OR PROMOTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROVISION OF THE PRIZE, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical
information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from such winner or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. You shall be disqualified if you do not comply with these Official Rules or if you attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. You hereby agree to waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California in Los Angeles.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any
matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Los Angeles in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, the Sweepstakes winner, guest and any accompanying person to the event irrevocably grants Massa Imports BV the right to use the Entrant’s name, supplied demographic data, biographical information, email address, photographs, videos, animations, likenesses, and details of winning, including but not limited to on Massa Imports BV web sites and social media pages, channels and sites and productions and authorized productions, for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Name of Winners. To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 15, 2021 to: Law Office of Michael W. Fattorosi, 5850 Canoga Ave, Suite 400 Woodland Hills, CA 91367